Friday, August 20, 2010

Duxbury, MA


While visiting my sister in Duxbury, MA this week, I had to visit the Myles Standish Burial Ground, oldest maintained cemetery in the US! It was an amazing little graveyard.


Yes, I make my poor family go to old cemeteries.
This skull is pretty though, looks like a heart for a mouth.
Abigail Alden was the wife of Capt John Alden who was accused of being a witch in Salem and escaped to Duxbury.

Myles Standish is buried in a plot surrounded by the cannons.
His gravestone is very bland and fairly new. 


John Alden, said to be the first person to set foot on Plymouth Rock!


CRAZY hair on this figure.






Some more wild hair!

2 comments:

  1. Ancient graveyards are amazing. I remember visiting the one in Salem, MA and finding the stones of the victims of the Salem Witch Trials. Very stark and moving. Theresa

    ReplyDelete